Kindergarten is the last stop before Big Kid School…the First grade!
At Camden Academy, we lay that important foundation for elementary school with smaller classes, more individualized attention and an array of proven programs that teach, challenge and prepare children for success in both private and public elementary classes.
Kindergarten is a lot of learning, but it is also a lot of fun at Camden Academy. Kindergartners participate in all our Extracurricular Activities Program every week and they come home happy and loaded with new stuff to tell you every day.
Camden teachers move your children along at their own pace, moving faster with some, slower with others, but always moving.
- Reading Left to Right
- Decoding Words
- Sounding Out the Word
- Sight Words in a Snap
- Learning Traits (Exploring, Discovering, Investigating, Field Trips, Experiments)
- Understanding Basic Concepts (Living/Non-Living, Weather/Seasons)
- Learning About Our World (Baby Animals, outer space, Hot/Cold, Life Cycles)
- Independent Thinking
- Living With and Respecting Others
- World Cultures
- The United States of America
- Knowledge of Print
- Letter recognition/Letter Sounds
- Recognize First and Last Name
- Following Left-to-Right Pattern
- Ending Sounds
- Nouns, Verbs and Adjectives